Friday, December 24, 2010

Wishing You Pure Joy


Are you all ready for Christmas?  I am so close to being ready.  This was one gift I have been trying to finish all week and finally sat down last night to complete it.  Today I will finish wrapping 3 gifts before we spend the evening with family.

This week for Blogger's Challenge we were to create with the theme of "Christmas".  While my image doesn't look Christmas'y, I really felt like the sentiment was perfect for the holidays so I went with it.  The pocket was created by folding up part of the cardstock and sewing the very edge of it on both sides, slipping the gift certificate in.


I made 2 of these and apologize as the photo of the next one is horrible!  I cut my gift certificates down to the size I needed and then I worked the holder around it.  I had seen an adorable template over at Kristina Werner's blog but it was for a regular size gift card and mine was more like a folded piece of paper (a little smaller).  I did my best but didn't created underneath the same way as hers.


I used up some of my papers that I have, some scraps, some full pieces.  I know by next year I won't want to be using them so better to use them up now.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!  Be safe!


Gift Card Details:
Stamps: Wishing You Pure Joy 5222 and Splatter Blob 3013 from Stampotique Originals
Cardstock: Dare to be a Diva Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Night of Navy
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Bravo Burgundy, Copic markers
Accessories: Ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities, dimensionals, small & large tag punch

No comments: