Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nature Journal Page



Here is Karen Bearse's art journal page for the nature challenge over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge which starts today. 

"When I saw this cute monster hugging the owl (my little hoo hoo by Kira Nichols) I had to have it! Of course I also had to have her owl tree. I started this page in my re-purposed book so the background is book print. This art journal is home to my favorite quotes. For the page acrylic paint is used as the background. The leaves at the top of the page are stenciled with archival. When stamping on acrylic it is best to use archival ink, the paint makes a slippery surface causing other inks to smear easily. I randomly stamped the mushrooms at the bottom of the page.  Tissue paper was stamped with more mushrooms (black ink) which were then cut out & carefully adhered with decoupage glue. This helped to create depth on the page. After stamping the cute monster and coloring him in he was pop-doted on the page adding even more depth. I put the saying that comes with him on an inked tag. The owl branch stamp and quote finished the page off. What I like about this page is the depth created. The monster cutie looks like he is standing in a field of mushrooms. Good luck with the challenge this week! To see more of my Stampotique creations check out my blog karenbearse.blogspot.com aka Scrapowl!"

No comments: