Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday with Val and Scrap Cleanup

Happy Tuesday!
Today I'm using up a scrap left over from last week's project.
I love keeping a photo album of handmade background papers for use in later projects.
It's easy to flip through it and find the perfect background!
How do you store your scraps?
Thanks so much for dropping by,
Val :)
Stamps by Stampotique:
Queen of Life, Clothes Text
“When someone is mean to me, I just make them a victim in my next book.” 
Mary Higgins Clark

5 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Val! For years, I just threw my paper scraps into a box, but never seems to go there to look for inspiration. I now store them in a movable plastic stand with drawers, and my scraps are stored by color family. Since it is right next to my work table, I always look there first...now! I just check back to remind me of last week's project, and marvel at how well the same background works with two very different stamps. I also like how you used just the words you needed from the text stamp, then made the word you needed! Clever that! (Great Mary Higgins Clark quote today, too!)

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your project using a scrap. I have reorganised my scraps at the weekend as I used to throw them in a box and never looked at them again. Now they are stored upright by colour in a basket and I will try to look there first now.
Corrie x

Claudine said...

Love this Val, I always store my scraps in a folder that opens from the top and I go there for paper before I go get some from my new stash. I also have a bunch of gelli print background that I store and keep for use too.

roc said...

Very nicely done!

Sarah Anderson said...

I am nowhere near as organised as everyone else as I found that when I filed my papers away I forgot about them! I make a project all in one go and keep any leftovers in a heap on my table. I don't like making up a bunch of backgrounds, no idea why! Love this piece, it's my colours x