Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quiet Place


Our August guest designer, Ali Johnson created this beautiful card for the current Stampotique Designer's Challenge to use purple, yellow and orange.




Here's how Ali created her card:

I used the Carol's Flower, large - 9165 stamp for this project and used Distress inks and a faux batique technique (stamping with Versamark ink, embossing with clear embossing powder, blending Distress Inks over the panel and then ironing over the panel (with scrap paper on top) to re-melt and lift off the embossing) to make the background. I also stamped the flower a couple of times with black Archival ink and used a wet paintbrush to paint them with Distress Inks before cutting them out, shaping the petals a little and attaching to the card with foam pads, adding a layer of Glossy Accents to the flower centres to finish. Distress Ink colours used were Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Dusty Concord.



The sentiment was stamped with one of the stamps I already had (Quiet Place - 3011) and cut out into strips, the edges of which I outlined with a black pen before attaching to the card front.

Make sure to stop over at Ali's blog and let her know how much you love her cool card.



3 comments:

Gerrina said...

Love the colours for this challenge, now find the right idea and stamps to get going...

Unknown said...

I like your thought ! I am a big fan of amira basmati rice. But I find that I enjoy cooked in some type of curry.

samali said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
Best thompson raisins