Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Perfect Pairs Journal Page - Wednesday with Claudine

Hello everyone, I hope your having a wonderful week thus far. I love being able to pop in here half way through your work week and hopefully give you some inspiration for our weekly Designer's Challenges

This week the wonderful Kathi is challenging us to do some "Perfect Pairs", meaning two stamped images, two colors (other than black), two textures or pairs of embellishments.. just two things that go great together well

I have created a journal page and am using the following Stampotique Stamps -
Mela - By Daniel Torrent
Oliver - By Daniel Torrent

These two stamps, in my opinion, are a perfect pair, they look like they just go together and I love that about them

I used a paper towel and some distress paint to create my background for this journal page


I also added some torn book pages, gelato hearts, wash tape and some stenciling after my paint was dry (sorry, forgot to take a photo of this step)

I then stamped, colored (with distress markers) and cut out my Mela and Oliver


In order to make my Mela and Oliver stand out a bit more off the page I outlined them and then added black paint



I glued them directly on top of that and finished up my pages, have a look




I really am loving how they turned out and this is now one of my favorite ever journal pages
Thanks once again for stopping by and having a look, cheers to you!!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Love this Claudine, great journal pages xx

Sue said...

Love this Claudine, great journal pages xx

Donna Gibson said...

I love your page! The black outline really makes them pop! I'll have to try that.

massofhair said...

Fantastic journal pages, love the black outline really helps to make the Characters pop off the page :-) xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the black behind the figures. Great pages.
Corrie x

Terri said...

Wonderful pages Claudine. Those two look great on that splotchy background.

Sarah Anderson said...

What a great idea that black outline is, fab page

roc said...

nicely done!

Kay Wallace said...

A sweet pair of images and a sweet pair of journal pages, Claudine! Great technique to surround your images with black. It certainly does the job! Mwah! KayW