Thursday, March 31, 2011

one layer card with Jo's Flower cube.


This card was made for the one layer wednesday challenge which is a really, really easy sketch.

To make my card I used a square post it note over the centre of a square card and used a mask to ink the dots with victorian velvet ink. I then drew a black dot at each corner of the mask before removing it. I stamped flowers from Jo's Flower cube from Stampotique in black and victorian velvet. Before stamping the top one I masked off the frame, so that the flowers appear to tumble out of the frame.

to draw the lines, I joined up the dots with lines. I then alternately drew a dot inside and outside of the corners and joined these up with much more wiggly lines (avoiding drawing over the flowers). while I had the pen in my hand I took the plunge and hand-wrote the sentiment!! I NEVER do that!! lol

3 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Great idea- simple but effective Joanne. :0)

Carol said...

Love this Joanne! Great use of the flowers and I like the handdrawn effects.

Jane Wetzel said...

love these flowers and I have the stamps! cant wait to use them! thanks for the inspiration!