Sunday, May 22, 2011

simple butterfly







oooo one of my favorite themes at Less is More this week....Butterflies
butterflies are so easy to use, but I have tried to do something a little bit different. I wanted my butterfly's wings to extend beyond the edge of the card, but I didn't want to just stick it on (first of all have you ever tried cutting out antennae?

so, I started with a square card, stamped the butterfly and then drew a line down each side of the card 1 inch from the edge, up to the the wings, I then cut along the line and around the wings.

to do the embossed dots, I stamped another butterfly and cut it out and then drew around it on the reverse side of the front. so I knew where the edges were, and then used a fiskars embossing board to emboss the dots by hand.

I coloured the butterfly with pencil and blended. I did a grey shadow with pencil and blender to lift the butterfly from the card. I also added a light glittering to the wings with stickles.

up to this point the card is still one layer, but then I felt the need to add some words, so it's not one layer anymore!

Both of the stamps are by Stampotique.

1 comment: