Thursday, June 30, 2011

The colour of money







The new theme at gingersnap is "the colour of money" where you are supposed to make your piece inspired by the colour of the money where you live or where you are from.

I took the challenge literally and decided to use actual money in my creation. I actually really like the colour of the twenty pound note so have used that as part of my creation as well as to inspire the box.

I often give cash as a gift, but it can look a bit dull and as though not much thought has gone into it, so I thought if you could make it into a gift it would be pretty cool.

First I made an origami butterfly. then I made a box with an acetate lid. Interestingly, I decided to only decorate the inside of the box (before folding) . I used all stampotique stamps to do this.

2 comments:

Jayne C said...

This is FAB!!!! Love the £20 butterfly...perfect!! x

Wholesale furniture Jacksonville said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.