Tuesday, February 15, 2011

may all your weeds be wildflowers

So you bought all those heart and flower stamps for your valentine's cards, but now valentine's is over whatcha gonna do with 'em?
I made this card for a challenge where the theme was "hearts and flowers but not valentines"
I made this card using Stamps from Stampotique.
This card is also a perfect example of what happens when a one layer card goes wrong. I'd stamped and masked the images perfectly and then SMUDGE!!!!!!!
so I trimmed down the main image, embellished and mounted, et voila! a save!


The background uses a flower stencil and some heart sequin waste with victorian velvet distress ink.

Stamps used:
9107 heart flowers
9088 may all your weeds be wildflowers
9072 fleur pixie #1

3 comments:

Elena said...

wow cute!! I love the style, and the soft colour you used.. it's a great card, I like it so much!

hugs,
Elena

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

love the little sentiment, it's so perfect. Cute card, the hearts go so well with the sentiment, love it.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Lucky you smudged it! Fab.