Monday, February 28, 2011

Stretching My Style


I'm not much of a Techniquey Stamper, I'm really quite simple in my style I think. I love to colour and add layers, but I get totally inspired by some of the eclectic style of the Stampotique Design Team. I appreciate the altered art and collage creations and wanted to stretch myself a bit with this piece.

The creation of this card started with making the tag. I embossed Timeless with Copper Embossing Powder on a Shipping Tag. I then took several colours of Tim Holtz Distress ink and sponged over the tag. Then I used some Tim Holtz Ideology Designer Paper as a background, sponging the edges with some Creamy Caramel Ink. The card look pretty bare, so I decided to stamp Three Girls

Embellishments include Lace (which I distressed a bit with the Caramel Ink) Antique Brads and Skeleton Leaves from SU

I like the way it turned out..............hope you enjoy it as well

Vicki

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, way to step outside of your comfort zone-you did fabulous!

Jane Wetzel said...

omg Vicki! I totally love this!