Monday, February 7, 2011

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden


I made this card for a one layer challenge where you had to use1 image, a border and bling. I decided to play with photostamps as they are much overlooked in one layer stamping and there really is no reason why they should be. As we all know Photostamps stamp best onto glossy card, but as we all also know versafine is the best ink for detail (yes you can argue archival is good, but I love my versafine). The problem is that the two are not compatible, versafine does not dry quickly (if it ever dries) on glossy card. The soloution: clear embossing powder, or even better... sparkly clear embossing powder!! And that brings in my bling!


I have made this for my sister for her birthday, so inside I added the quote "sisters are different flowers from the same garden" which I did in MS Word.



The flowers are coloured with whispers markers and the bow is paper ribbon.

stamps are:
8938 little sisters
9107 heart flowers

3 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous Joanne. Love the sparkle on the sisters. Hope your sister has a lovely birthday.

Tineke said...

A wunderfull card for your sister! Tineke

Karen said...

Beautiful! I love the way the doodly flowers contrast with the more formal black and white photostamp, but it all works together with the colour scheme and the sentiment. This card is just perfection in terms of design, layout and just plain wow factor. It's one of those cards that's deceptively simple, but the more you look at it, the more there is to see about what went into the creative process. I love it!