Friday, February 11, 2011

Olivia Notebook

Olivia by Daniel Torrente
Carol's Flower By Janet Klein
Sentiment by Janet Klein

This is a notebook I made from a few large sized tags because I always feel like I can never have enough notebooks! I used 'Olivia' by Daniel Torrente and 'Carol's flower' by Janet Klein.

I used ink sprays to create my background before adding a few splats with more spray inks as well as a bit of acrylic paint, and then stamped the flower randomly all over using two colours of Distress inks:



I stamped Olivia and coloured her in using distress inks:


After binding the book together with my bind-it-all, I stamped a few images on the inside pages of the book using distress inks: 



See more on my blog here. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, I love your Notebook. S x

Sherry said...

Fabulous and thanks for sharing how you did the background. I love the stamping on the inside pages too to match the cover - great idea.

Juut said...

I love it. I'm now waiting for the postman to bring me my first Stampotique stamps! They must arrive today. Can't wait to ink them up.

Hels Sheridan said...

Amazing notebook, loving those colours!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Amazing notebook, loving those colours!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great notebook, I absolutely love the colors you have created in it.

Carol said...

WHAT a GREAT idea!! And I love all the various layers and colors!
Wonderful.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fantastic notebook, I love all the details. Such a great idea.

Gez Butterworth said...

Great notebook Kate.. love the idea of using tags! Fab images :)