Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Expect the Unexpected


Our guest designer for October, Belinda has created a spooky looking card for us today.


My idea for this project was to create a spooky Halloween door that could open. I needed a good quality, heavy cardstock that wouldn’t warp too much so I used watercolour paper.



The door was coloured with Distress Markers and the colours blended with a water brush pen. I applied Rock Candy Distress Crackle over the top.

The background was coloured with Distress Inks and then had Glimmermist flicked over the surface.

The skull and pumpkin were given the same treatment as the door.

I 3D’ed the door handle and added a spider cut from the Spider Girl stamp.


On the inside, I stamped the door again onto vellum and flipped it over so you could see the reverse image of the door. I used the crayon resist technique on the Heads stamp.

Thanks for checking out my card!

Cheers
Belinda

Here are the stamps I used:





5 comments:

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Cool card!! Very clever to stamp the door on vellum for the inside. XOXO

Kaz said...

Fabulous Belinda x

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!! Love the whole idea

Sam & Poppy said...

Wow! This is great Belinda :o)

Reflective Art Studio said...

This is STUNNING.... Love it.
Sarinda