Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Using Newspaper or Magazine - Wednesday with Claudine


Hello all, it's that time again, time for another challenge over at 
Stampotique Designers Challenge. This week our wonderfully talented Magda Polakow is our hostess and she has chosen the theme "Use a piece of magazine or newspaper"

You would think this would be an easy challenge
but for me, I don't use newspaper or magazines
very much. I mostly use stamps in my backgrounds
so this was tough for me.

Needless to say I scoured over my newspaper from the passed few days looking for a good piece.
I found something in the Michael's add of all places haha! 
SO I decided to make a postcard for my piece and I went with the following Stampotique Stamps:

Hazel Jester - By artist Linda Peterson

Clothes Text - Also by artist Linda Peterson

I used a piece of printed card stock for my background and added the "flowery" piece of newspaper that I tore out of my Michael's add

This is what it looked like from the start


I then added some painting and washi tape
I heat embossed my text and Hazel and colored them with colored pencils (I made my Hazel a bumblebee to show her in a costume)
Lastly - I added a flower with a button center

Here is my finished postcard






Because Bees like flowers I just love my magazine piece in the background there. 

I hope you have enjoyed my project for today and hopefully all the bees are buzzing around in your neck of the woods because that means it's warm and there are lots of flowers out.

6 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Hazel steals me heart every time I see here--no matter what she is wearing or doing, Claudine, and this is no exception! Love your postcard, ready to take a touch of spring to someone!

Vera Lane Studio said...

Love the added pop of distressed florals.

massofhair said...

Fantastic postcard, love your pop of colour with the flowers. Hazel looks amazing in her bee costume, brilliant quote. Great inspiration :-) xxx

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Lovely Claudine!!

roc said...

Clever background to go with the bee suit!

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Claudine, you have a way of making it all look easy. Love your style.
Ivette