Friday, August 1, 2014

a journal page


I love it when I have a nearly finished journal (which doesn't happen often!) as it gives me the oomph I sometimes need to get journaling!  This is my passport sized moleskine journal.


I couldn't find my gelli plate but did find a cellophane packet so inked it up, sprayed it with water and printed it onto my gessoed page.


Some added depth of colour using a sponge .... and that's where I forgot I was taking step by step photos!  Oops!


There's a bit of text stamped in the background for added texture, then I stamped 'Daniel's hearts' in black directly onto the page.  They didn't stamp well in the centre so I stamped them again on another inked up piece of paper, cut them out and added them to the page.


A little quasimoto and a quote and my page was done.

Stampotique stamps used:

4 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

I am so glad to see you working in this passport size Moleskine journal, Sarah. I bought mine when it was on sale, thinking it was a steal. But, sadly, I never knew quite what to do with it. You have inspired me today to look through my growing collection of Stampotique stamps to look at my smaller ones that would be perfect for this size journal. I love Daniel's Hearts, and you have used them brilliantly here. Hope to find some time this weekend to play!

Claudine said...

Even small things come in big packages, this is fabulous, i love your page

Corrie Herriman said...

Pink and black and white are a perfect combination in my book, love it !
Corrie x

roc said...

wonderful work!