Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SDC162 - Under The Sea - Wednesday's With Claudine



Hello everyone and thanks again for stopping by the blog. This weeks Challenge over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog is "Under The Sea" chosen by our wonderful Arwen McCullen

For my project today I chose to use a background that I had previously made in one of my art journals. I was actually experimenting to see if this mesh type material would stay if I adhered it with gel medium, it ended up staying pretty well and I thought it kind of looked like fish netting.

I also had previously used a stencil to add some lettering along the bottom and used Dyan Reaveley sprays for my background.



I decided for this under the sea page, I wanted to use Stampotique Stamps - 

Something Fishy - By Amy Wilson-Wellenstein

Smushallaum - By Daniel Torrente


Smushasha - By Daniel Torrente


Seaweed - By Jo Capper-Sandon


Breakfast - By Daniel Torrente

Here is my finished page


The page turned out just how I imaged, it looks like the mermaids have caught the creature in the netting, I also cut the hand so that it was reaching through the netting, as if he was trying to escape.





I hope you have enjoyed my creation today, make sure to try out a "under the sea" creation of your own and link up to 
Stampotique Designer's Challenge in order to be eligible to win.

4 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

What a great array of stamps you have used in your seascape, Claudine! Love the background colors, as well as that netting! Perfectly put together!

Unknown said...

This is cute and creepy at the same time! Breakfast is pretty scary looking, love it!

massofhair said...

Fun under the sea here Claudine, great idea to use Breakfast as a mer monster lol.

Amazing background, brilliant use of both the characters and the space:-) xxx

roc said...

Great to see how it all came together!