Sunday, August 31, 2014

Astrid on Sunday

Happy Sunday!!! I finished up my first Halloween project, I just couldn't wait any longer ;-) I had this idea in my mind and love how it turned out.
I used a matchbox and made a wrapper for it, which I colored with Dylusions. The quote stamp was stamped on some old book paper and crumbled before sticking it on some black cardstock. Instead of painting the white inside black, I dismantled the box and traced it on some black cardstock. The fence is cut out with a Tim Holtz Die and colored with my brown Dylusions ;-) For both parts I used some script stamps and these, with their Gothic font, are just perfect for Halloween.
Only 60 days left till Halloween!!

Stamps used:

Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

Vera Lane Studio said...

Fun! Love your color choices!

sally said...

Woohoo! What fun :-) can't wait for Halloween and I have a visit to the grandchildren in the USA so I can stock up on Halloween goodies before it even happens :-)

Sally

Claudine said...

I love these, I can't believe Halloween is coming already!

Corrie Herriman said...

Although I am not all that fond of Halloween, I do love these little matchboxes !
Corrie x

roc said...

You did a great job with these!

Kay Wallace said...

Both are super cool altered matchboxes, Astrid! Since I don't live near enough to my grandchildren that they can come to my house "trick or treating," these little boxes would be perfect for giving them with a bit of money inside! Great colors and choices of stamps! Especially love that pumpkin!

Basement Stamper said...

Great start to the Halloween collection of card.